Monday, 15 September 2014

Autumn Nail Varnish Picks

The leaves have started to turn, there's a distinct nip in the air and the nights are gradually starting to draw in... Yup, summer's over and autumn's on the horizon. With autumn officially beginning on September 22nd I thought this would be the perfect time to talk about six of the colours I'll be wearing on my nails in the coming months.

I'm pretty traditional when it comes to autumn colours. I love mustard yellows, deep greens and rich burgundies. I think they go so well with a season of harvest and richness and I'm already filling my wardrobe with these luxurious, gorgeous colours.



First up, we've got one of the Barry M Autumn/Winter Gelly releases, Mustard. This one's been talked about a *lot* online and I couldn't resist picÄking it up in a Boots haul a couple of weeks ago. I'm not a big wearer of yellow on my nails but I'm glad I took a chance on this as it's something a bit different and will bring me out of the burgundy/purple/navy rotation I usually have going on.

Next is something which is going to be a big pain for you if you like the look of it, as I think it was a limited edition shade from Halloween last year. It's shade 1134 Black Magic from Sinful Colors and I picked it up in Florida last year. I don't think I wore it at all last year but I tried it out last week and absolutely love it. It's a shimmery grey base with burnt orange glitter and I've never seen anything like it before. This will go perfectly with so many of my autumn dresses and provides a nice little somethin' somethin' to make a plain outfit a bit more exciting.

Something else from Barry M, one of the Matte Nail Paints in Crush. This, or something similar, is probably going to appear on everybody's lists as it's a quintessential autumn shade and the matte finish is perfect for the season. It's a straight-forward burgundy and I'm already excited about pairing this with the mustard shade I mentioned earlier to create some nail art.

Another product from last year's A/W collections, I'm still loving Essie's For the Twill of It. I wore this a lot last year, retired it when the warmer weather rolled in and resurrected it a couple of weeks ago. It's a beautiful, multi-faceted metallic shade and it goes with pretty much everything in my wardrobe. It brings a real touch of class to a manicure and I'll always reach for this during the cooler months of the year.

My third and final Barry M pick is another one from the new Autumn/Winter Gelly releases and this time it's Cardamom. It's quite a muted, forest green and it's not like any other green I have in my stash, which is always nice! Barry M Racing Green is one of my autumn staples but this year I'm going to give this new bad boy a whirl.

Finally, last but absolutely not least, we have Royal Navy from Butter London. Will there ever be an autumn where navy isn't hugely popular? I hope not. This has a gorgeous formula, lasts for days and days and is a no nonsense, straight up perfect autumn colour.

So there you have it, six of the varnishes I'm going to be sporting as the nights get darker and the leaves start to turn. Let me know, what are your top picks for autumn nail varnishes?

No comments:

Post a Comment