Wednesday, 13 August 2014

Crafternoons: DIY Birdhouses!



Last weekend my and one of my very best friends had our first ever crafternoon together - and it was a huge success, mostly because I got to say crafternoon over and over again...

The main attraction was painting some gorgeous little birdhouses my friend picked up while she was in the States last month. These are readily available for your crafting delights in the US but sadly much harder to get hold of over here. Sad face.

Anyway, we gave them a whirl and I'm absolutely in love with my finished birdhouses - they look like little beach huts and I'm particularly impressed with myself, taking my lack of artistic talent into account!

The green one is for my bathroom (which has the same colour scheme) and I'm still looking for the perfect home for my little pink and grey one, which I'm hoping to add more details to with a nail art pen...here's hoping I don't balls it up!

So that's it from me today, just a little crafty post to get your creative juices a-flowing. What do you think of little birdhouses as interior decorations?

4 comments:

  1. Awww, they are adorable - the paint job looks very professional too! Great idea to use them as interior decorations :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love how adorable these bird houses are. I think it would be a really fun summer activity for my children to be creative and get out of their normal routine and do something different and fun. Thank for the idea, I definitely look forward to having a good time with my children. http://www.ravendecor.com/listing.asp?dept_id=30060&nopopup=1

    ReplyDelete