Friday, 25 July 2014

Bubble T Cosmetics - Hibiscus & Acai Berry Shower Gel and Moroccan Mint Tea Bath Bombs

I've got a two in one for you all today, as I'm going to be talking about a new (to me) cosmetic brand, Bubble T Cosmetics. The brand very kindly sent me two products to try out and after giving them a good test (this heatwave has meant many extra showers so it's been a great week to test out bath products!) I wanted to share my thoughts.

Bubble T sent me their Hibiscus and Acai Berry Tea Restoring Shower Gel and a tube of their Moroccan Mint Tea Reviving Fizzy Bath Bombs, which you can see in the picture below.


As you can see, Bubble T's packaging is vibrant, fun and eye-catching. I love the bright colours and sleek design of the bottles - it means the products look great on my shelves, as well as feeling lovely and luxurious when I use them. Double whammy!

Bubble T take their inspiration from the Taiwanese drink of the same name - I'm sure you've seen bubble tea bars popping up all over the place lately, I know I have in Bath. Let's have a look at how the company describes themselves, in their own words:

'We work to the philosophy that our products should not just look and smell good but should leave you feeling good too.
Working alongside industry experts, we have crafted and blended a divine combination of rich tea based infusions, mixed with fruit essence and extracts.
Our extensive research has helped us to combine different benefits offered by tea as an ingredient in toiletries to create a range which replenishes, cleanses and hydrates your skin as well as provide a long lasting fresh smell.'

First up, let's talk about the shower gel:


The first thing I noticed when I used this is, oh holy balls, it smells absolutely incredible. It's rich, fruity and warm and I cannot stop sniffing it. It lingers on the skin after use and every time I catch a whiff of myself it's a treat - which is pretty surprising, given the weather this week (hello, sweaty upper lip, I'm just delighted you're making an appearance).

Infused with acai berry, cranberry and wild strawberries, this shower gel is supposed to calm and restore and that's exactly what it does. This is perfect to use at the end of a busy day and will leave you feeling chilled out and ready for a long, good sleep.

As well as smelling great, this product is made up of tonnes of lovely ingredients that will leave you skin feeling super soft and nourished. All of Bubble T's products are formulated without parabens and are SLES and SLS free so are a great choice for all skin types.

The Hibiscus and Acai Berry Restoring Shower Gel costs £8 and can be purchased here.

And now, onto the bath bombs:


With Lush firmly lodged in the forefront of my brain, it's not often I use bath bombs by any other brand as I find some are so full of nasties that they leave my skin feeling a bit sensitive and dry. However, as Bubble T's bath bombs promised to leave my skin hydrated and cared for, I was excited to try them out.

The bath bombs react the way you'd expect them to - fizzing all around the bath while they dissolve. I'm still a kid when it comes to bath products and I'm still wholly entertained by bath bombs! These are much smaller than any I've used before but filled my entire bathroom with the most incredible minty fresh fragrance.

This product is part of Bubble T's 'Reviving' range and that description couldn't be more apt - I felt rejuvenated and ready to face the day after soaking in the bath for a good twenty minutes, letting the bath bomb's ingredients of peppermint, white jasmine and spearmint do their thing.

The Moroccan Mint Tea Reviving Bath Bombs cost £6 and can be purchased here.

*

I'm so impressed with Bubble T as a brand. Everything from their products, their ethos, packaging and their customer service (they are really, really lovely on Twitter so hop on over to @BubbleTCosmetic to follow them) is top notch. I'm absolutely loving the two products I have and I'm already keen to get my hands on something from the 'Stimulate' range, which uses lemongrass and green tea as its main ingredients. 

No comments:

Post a Comment