Wednesday, 11 June 2014

Summer Ponytails

So it looks as though the warm weather of summer is well and truly upon us, hooray! Though, as we're in the UK it's more of a cloudy, muggy heat than a bright, sunny day but, well, beggars can't be choosers, eh?

To combat the humid weather and stay stylish a ponytail is the perfect answer, but they can be a little bit dull, can't they? For inspire me to jazz up my summer ponytails I scoured Pinterest and found some brilliant ideas, so I wanted to share a few of them with you.

Ah, the humble ponytail. So easy to do and fuss-free, but what do you do when you want to make it a little more interesting? It's surprisingly simple to make this style look much more chic than just a rope of hair hanging down your back. Adding a hairband, scarf or flower to your hair can really make a difference, or something as simple as wrapping hair around your hair tie can make this look more put-together.

For more ideas and a few daring approaches, have a look below:


I definitely want to try a more textured ponytail like the middle two at the top, as I find mine usually fall a little limp because my hair's so straight1 I love the idea of the bubble ponytail on the bottom left for something a bit different.

So, what do you guys do to make your ponytails a bit more interesting, and do you think you'll be trying out any of these styles this summer?

1 comment:

  1. Looooooove Eva Longoria's pony tail! Definitely want to try something like that too, looks perfect for summer.

    www.absolutebeaut.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete