Wednesday, 21 May 2014

The Lipstick Tag

I saw this tag over at the lovely Jennie's blog and knew I had to take part - lately lipsticks are becoming my weakness and my collection is growing and growing!

1. How many lipsticks do you own?

Eek, I dread to think. Maybe... 35? Plus a bunch of glosses, lip butters, lip liners, lip balms... Yeah, lip products are definitely my downfall! 

2. What was the first lipstick you owned?

I think it was a Natural Collection lipstick in Raspberry, which was quite a deep raspberry pink - bit of a bold colour for my first lippie! I loved it, though, and went through about three tubes before I decided to branch out to another colour. I used to wear it with the Natural Collection Juicy Lips lip gloss in Turkish Delight over the top - I’ve still got a tube of that gloss kicking around somewhere!


3. What is your favourite lipstick brand?

Ooh, I think I’d have to go for Too Faced, because I love their La Creme lipsticks sooo much, but I also love MAC (obviously) and Revlon Lip Butters.


4. What is your most worn lipstick?

Ooh that's a tricky one. I'd say either MAC Speak Louder, Too Faced La Creme in Bumbleberry or Nars Dolce Vita.

5. What is your favourite finish?

Anything creamy and moisturising! My lips are quite dry so sometimes matte colours don’t look great on me, though I do like the finish. Something that has the consistency of a lip butter will always be my favourite, because they’re so low maintenance and leave my lips lovely and smooth.

6. What was the last lipstick you bought?

I picked up five (yes, five...) lipsticks from Make Up Revolution. Come on, there were £1 each, I couldn't resist.


7. How many lip products do you currently have in your bag?

I change my bag around every time I go out so I don't usually find myself carting loads of lip products around. At the moment I have three - Nars Dolce Vita lipstick, a Buxom lip gloss and a Burt's Bees lip balm.


8. What is your favourite red lip colour?

Hmm, it’s a bit of a toss up between Too Faced’s Red Stiletto and MAC’s Ruby Woo. I love Ruby Woo for that statement matte lip that really commands attention but it can be quite high maintenance. Red Stiletto is a gorgeous red that feels super creamy on the lips and because it’s technically more of a lip butter than a lipstick you can whack it on at the beginning of the night and leave it to do its thing.


9. How do you store your lipsticks?

I have a couple of acrylic holders that I store my favourites in, which sits on top of my make up table. Then the colours I use less often, lip balms and glosses etc are in a drawer next to my make up table.


10. Which lipsticks are you currently lusting after?

MAC Creme Cup, YSL Rouge Volupte in Corail Jalouse (or Rose Opera) and Chanel Rouge Coco in Mademoiselle. Yeah, think I'll be saving for a while for these! And that's without a mention of Tom Ford...

So there you go, that's my take on the lipstick tag! I tag all of you lovely people reading this to take part :).

1 comment:

  1. I am also lusting after Mac's Creme Cup - it looks lovely :D

    Louise x

    Confessions of a Secret Shopper

    ReplyDelete