Friday, 9 May 2014

Seventeen Stay Time Foundation

I've tried a fair few products from Seventeen over the last year and they've definitely got some gems on offer - I love the Doll'd Up mascara and Flawless Poreless primer in particular. I'm on a quest to try out some new high street foundations so picked up Seventeen's Stay Time foundation and now I've had a bit of time to try it out I wanted to share my thoughts.

Left side of my face - Stay Time Foundation // Right side of my face - no make up

This is described by Seventeen as a full coverage foundation but I'm not 100% sure I'd agree with that - I'd say it's more medium than full, as you can see in the picture above my eye bags are still showing through a little. I like that it's not quite full coverage, as it doesn't feel heavy on the skin.

The formula feels quite stiff and you do need to work it into the skin quickly, but once it settles into the skin it feels a lot lighter than I thought it would and it's not at all drying, which I was also worried about. The colour is a great match for my skin and one of the things I was most impressed with was the range of colours available - especially for us pale girls.

In the picture above I'm wearing the foundation on the left side of my face and nothing on the right side - as you can see it does really even out the skin and cover red patches. Now I've seen a photo of this on my skin I'm much more impressed than I was when I'd just been catching glimpses of myself in the mirror!

Seventeen Stay Time Foundation promises 25 hours of wear but I haven't tested this out, obviously, because who's going to sleep in their make up?! I do always find it a bit weird when brands release products that last for 24 hours or more - does anybody really keep their make up on overnight for this to matter? Anyway, I have worn this foundation for twelve hours on the trot and it really does stay in place without any need for powder.

For £6.49 you get a medium to full coverage foundation that evens out your skin tone and stays put for hours and hours - well done, Seventeen!

No comments:

Post a Comment