Friday, 23 May 2014

Make Up Revolution Haul!

My second haul in a month - what's become of me? Well, after I spotted a host of great reviews popping up for Makeup Revolution I decided to buy a few bits and pieces and see what the fuss is all about. Luckily the price tags are eeny weeny, so a haul like this will come in at around £20 - not bad at all.


I decided to try a range of things from the brand but steered clear of eye products because I do *not* need any more eyeshadows for a LONG time! Well, I also don't need any more face, cheek or lip products but, well... I have no excuse.

Cream blushers are something I haven't really tried much of before but after falling head over heels for cream eyeshadows I thought I'd get some creamy goodness for my cheeks. I went for two cream blushes from the range, in Peach Cream (£1.50) and Rose Cream (£1.50).


After hearing that the One Foundation (£4) is similar to MAC Face and Body (I've never tried it so I'm not sure if this claim is true or not) I decided to give it a go. I was a bit surprised a size of the bottle when I unpackaged it (photographed next to a lipstick for scale) as it was pretty tiny but as the foundation is a really thin liquid formula I think this'll go a long way.


Next up I picked up the highlighter in Pink Lights (£3), as I don't have a lilac coloured highlighter in my stash. It's a huge product and I'm never, ever going to run out of this. I've photographed it next to a cream blush for scale. 


And then, of course, I caved and bought five lipsticks, because I have no self control. Although at £1 each I can't exactly complain if a couple are misses. I picked out Bliss, Vice (WHY did I think neon orange would look good on me?! Spoiler: It doesn't. Photos coming soon for lols), Twist, Fusion and 100% Vamp.


Last of all I decided to get one of the Blush Lacquers (£3), as I've tried one from ELF and really got on with it. I went for the shade Desire and I've only swatched this on my hand so far but it's pigmented as hell!


So there you go, my Makeup Revolution haul. I've had a lot of fun playing with these bits and pieces over the last week, so I'll be bringing you individual reviews soon of some of the hits...and misses. Gird your loins for a picture of me in dashing bright orange lipstick - it's definitely not my colour.

No comments:

Post a Comment