Tuesday, 6 May 2014

A Little Boots Haul


So I picked up a couple of bits and bobs in the Boots 3 for 2 - of course I did. I've had some great job news over the last few weeks and now some contracts have been finalised I thought it was time to treat myself, after being on an unplanned three month spending ban!

Here's a little look at what I bought:


So, first up we've got the Bourjois Magic Nail Polish Remover (£4.99), which I'm sure every blogger under the sun has already mentioned numerous times. This is my second pot of this and I'm a bit fan - it's not great with glitter varnish but then nothing really is. This is so handy, easy to use and doesn't dry out my nails. I'm really looking forward to the new version of this, which features a handy sponge in the lid for removing toe nail varnish!

Next up is the Seventeen Stay Time Foundation, which I got in Soft Ivory. I was quite impressed at the colour range for us pale skinned girls as there were quite a few choices, rather than just the standard 'Porcelain'. I've used this foundation a couple of times so far and it's nice...nothing amazing and I doubt I'd repurchase but it makes my skin look even and smooth so it's a pretty average foundation with a nice price tag. I do find it's quite thick so you have to work it in quickly before it dries and I'm not 100% sure the full coverage promise comes true - but for £6.49 I'm not complaining.

I picked up two nail varnishes that I think are perfect colours for spring - the first is a pastel orange from the Maybelline Color Show range (Peach Smoothie - £2.99) and the second is one of the Seventeen Gel Colour varnishes, which I got in the shade Azure Amore (£3.99).

I've become a huge fan of the Maybelline Color Tattoo Eyeshadows lately so I decided to buy myself Pink Gold (£4.99), which is a pretty shimmery pink that looks beautiful on the lid with some winged eyeliner on top. I've used this almost every day since I bought it and it's my favourite product of the bunch - 100% recommended!

Last up is the Maybelline Brow Drama (£4.99), which I bought to replace my almost-empty (*sob*) Benefit Gimme Brow. I've used this two or three times and I'm actually pretty impressed with it. The shade I bought (medium brown) is a great match for my brows and it fills in the odd gap and neatens everything up without being too over-bearing. I'm not a fan of my brows feeling coated in product but I can deal with it for tamed brows that stay in place all day!

So there you have it, this lot came in at just over £20 once the 3 for 2 kicked in, which I think is pretty darn good! I've got some real gems in this haul and I'll be bringing you more detailed reviews of a few of the products soon.

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe I haven't taken advantage of 3 for 2 yet! I really want to try the new Bourjois pot too xx

    ReplyDelete