Wednesday, 16 April 2014

My Day Zero Challenge!

I've decided to do the Day Zero project. I've actually been planning on it for ages but it's only now I've finally organised myself enough to write my list. I was inspired by my dear friend Carole, who just finished hers and managed to complete everything - how amazing is that?

In case you haven't heard of Day Zero there's some info below, but basically it's a challenge where you write a list of 101 goals you want to achieve in the next 1001 days (roughly 2.75 years). But here are the official guidelines from the Day Zero website:

Day Zero started out with the catchy challenge of completing 101 things in 1001 days. This has been enormously popular with tens of thousands of people getting involved and sharing their lists. We now offer many more types of challenges, but here are the original guidelines for the challenge:

The Challenge: 
Complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days. 

The Criteria: 
Tasks must be specific (ie. no ambiguity in the wording) with a result that is either measurable or clearly defined. Tasks must also be realistic and stretching (ie. represent some amount of work on your part).

Why 1001 Days? 
Many people have created lists in the past - frequently simple challenges such as New Year's resolutions or a 'Bucket List'. The key to beating procrastination is to set a deadline that is realistic. 1001 Days (about 2.75 years) is a better period of time than a year, because it allows you several seasons to complete the tasks, which is better for organising and timing some tasks such as overseas trips, study semesters, or outdoor activities.

I've been working on my list for the last week or so and I'm ready to get going! I haven't actually got a full list of 101 things, I'm only on 76 at the moment, but I've decided to add the rest as I think of them, otherwise I'll just end up with some rubbishy things I added to try and bulk it out. That's fair, right?

So anyway, without further waffle, here is my list of goals I'm hoping to achieve in the next 1001 days:














Every time I complete a goal I'm going to photograph it and document here on here for you all to see. I'm really, really excited about this challenge and I can't wait to show you how I get on!



2 comments:

  1. I started this project once before. I wrote about it on my blog (it was around 2007-2009) and it was an eye-opener to go back and look at my goals then and how many have been accomplished and how many were abandoned. Some of the goals I still have.

    Good luck on everything on your list! I think you've got some great goals. What are the 50 questions that will free your mind?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo! Good luck :) It's amazing how far you'll feel you have come at the end of it (but you will doubtless end up with a deadline panic at the end as always - superfast colouring in and epic meal planning was my last week lol)

    ReplyDelete