Monday, 7 April 2014

Life Lately

So, things have been a little quiet around here lately, haven't they? Since I finished my job three weeks ago I've been making lots of plans, working on a bunch of projects and finding my feet as a full-time self-employed writer!

It's a lot of work to set yourself up as a freelancer and there's a *lot* of waiting around - but the positives are amazing and being able to pursue something I love makes it clear that I made the best decision I could have when I decided to go for it. It's still a bit scary while I waiting for the money side of things to become more regular - but I'm waiting for a couple of contracts to come in and I should be able to relax and just enjoy things soon. I have to keep reminding myself I've only been doing this for three weeks - it definitely takes most businesses a hell of a lot longer to become established, so I'm pretty proud of how far I've come already!

Anyway, that's all the boring work stuff out of the way. So, what have I been doing with my time when I haven't been writing and following up leads? Well, cooking mostly! I've always been a big lover of cooking but it's only in the last year I've really started experimenting with flavours and creating my own recipes. I've cooked so many yummy treats lately and I think my Instagram is quickly becoming dominated by food pictures rather than make up and beauty!

Some of my favourite new recipes are the chocolate nutter butter bars I posted up the other day (still addicted to this!), as well as healthy home made KFC-style chicken tenders, Mexican shredded chicken and the most amazing potato, chive and bacon frittata. Yum, yum, yum. ALL the food! So, yes, cooking has been occupying most of my free time and my boyfriend has been my chief taste tester...lucky for him, I think.

I've made some progress on my novel that I'm really pleased about; I'm approaching the 20k mark and, although I wish I was writing faster, I'm proud of what I'm creating. There's no better feeling in the world than pouring your heart into something and it turning out even stronger than you hoped.

So, that's life lately. Cooking, writing, business-developing. It's all go-go-go and I'm loving it.

Home-made KFC // Perfect cream tea // Cheeky half in the pub // FotD

1 comment:

  1. Hey, well done for taking the plunge with freelancing and I really hope it works out for you! It's the dream for me one day also so I am will be keen to read any tips and advice you have to pass on!
    All the best x

    ReplyDelete