Wednesday, 30 April 2014

April Favourites

ERMAGERD THIS YEAR IS GOING SO FAST GUIZZZ.

Anyway, now that's over with shall we get on with my April favourites?


This month I've been trying a few products that I've had for a while but have been languishing sadly at the back of my drawers. Shopping the stash, ladies, it's always a good thing!

I'm a big highlighter fan these days and in the run up to summer I've been really enjoying the NYX Liquid Illuminator in Gleam, which is a peachy golden highlight. Now the sun is finally making an appearance I've been wanting to give my face a little bit of a bronzed glow and this product is perfect. Big thumbs up from me.

Maybelline Color Tattoo Eyeshadow in Bad to the Bronze has been my absolute eyeshadow staple this month. I've barely used anything else on my lids and this shadow has completed converted me to the joys of cream eyeshadows. It doesn't crease, it lasts FOREVER and looks amazing - I've worn this pretty much every day in April and I don't plan on stopping any time soon.

YSL Babydoll Mascara in a travel size that I got in one of the Sephora boxes I picked up on holiday last year. My my my, this mascara lengthens like crazy, yo! I'm not joking when I say this doubles the length of my lashes and, while it doesn't particularly volumes, it fans my lashes out to avoid the dreaded clumps.

Spring has sprung! It's time for Essie's Mint Candy Apple to rear its lovely head again and I've been wearing this on my nails throughout April. The formula's great, the staying power makes me happy and it's such a fun, bright colour - it makes me smile every time I give myself a new mani.

I've been using the Nars Eyeshadow in Bali a few times a week and I'm in love. But! I haven't been using it as an eye shadow, oh no no no. I've actually been using it on my brows and it's the perfect shade for me - it fills them in and makes my whole face look more put together, without giving me the scouse brow look that's happened before when I've tried to use an eyeshadow to fill them in...

As I've been wearing quite a toned-down eye throughout April I've been experimenting more with lip products and my favourite of the bunch is the Buxom Full-On Lip Polish in Dolly. As it's a gloss I've been applying it on top of a number of lipsticks and it's such a versatile product - I love it. It gives a creamy, shiny finish to any lip colour and it looks gorgeous over more neutral colours, like Nars Dolce Vita. The only downside is that my boyfriend recoils in horror every time he kisses me and his lips start tingling, ha!

Now the weather's getting brighter I've replaced my heavy wintry perfumes with lighter, fruity fragrances that are perfect for the warmer weather. I've been wearing a few different perfumes this month but my favourite new discovery is the Forever 21 Rollerball in Coconut. Trust me, this smells incredible and I always get compliments when I wear it. And it was a total bargain, obviously.

Benefit Cha Cha Tint has made me step outside my comfort zone of powder blushers and dabble with cream and liquid offerings and I'm very, very quickly becoming a convert. I love the natural finish this gives and it lasts allllll day long - perfect.

Tresemme Keratin Smooth Shampoo and Conditioner are my favourite two products of the month, for sure! I only bought these two weeks ago but they have made *the* biggest difference to my hair. I've really been struggling with my hair lately - it's just all a bit blah, gets greasy quickly, my scalp is feeling super dry and my ends were not looking good. After I used this combo a couple of times I cannot believe how much nicer my hair is looking - I shared a few pics of my hair last week because I'm so chuffed! The only thing I'd say is that the conditioner isn't the most amazing out there when it comes to detangling but as long as you use a good hair mask once a week you're good to go.

So there you have it, those are my favourite products from the last month. Quite a variety but I love all of my picks and fully intend to keep using them for a long time to come! What are your favourite products from April? Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment