Wednesday, 12 February 2014

A Weekend Away and a Writing Update

So I've had a little blogging break! It's lovely sometimes, isn't it, to just switch off for a bit and recharge your batteries? I think we all need it every once in a while and I certainly recharged mine in a big way last weekend.

I headed off to a gorgeous cottage in Wiltshire for a long weekend with my writing group, which is made up of three of my best friends in the whole world. We spent three awesome days writing, gossiping, eating, drinking and, most of all, laughing until our faces hurt. It was brilliant and absolutely what I needed.

I'm just over 12,000 words through the first draft of my latest novel so I'm just coming out of that honeymoon period that so often accompanies the first 10k. I'm into the flow of the story, I'm getting to know my characters really well and it's all working rather nicely. Long may it continue, I say! I'm setting myself a deadline of March 31st for finishing the first draft, which I think is perfect. It'll keep the pressure on me but it's definitely doable - 50,000 words in seven weeks, piece of cake.

Maybe. Possibly.

We'll see.

1 comment: