Friday, 3 January 2014

Lush The Hair Doctor


If anybody asks me my favourite physical feature I think I'll always say my hair. I like having long swishy hair that I'm trying ever so hard to grow until it's mermaid length. I've been growing it for a couple of years now but it's only in the last few months I've been actively growing it - before that it was just that I was too lazy to trim it. We've reached boob length; we're going to full on Disney Princess waist length.

The obvious drawback to having long hair is that it's hard work to keep it in good condition. I'm lucky that it's naturally straight so I rarely use heated styling tools which helps to keep it in pretty good condition, it's only through blow drying that it's subjected to heat damage.

But I have a confession. I brush my hair when it's wet.

CUE SHOCK AND HORROR.

I know, I know. It's a terrible thing. But these locks are long and getting knots out is a complete bitch if I wait until it's dry. And so I've spent the past, well, ever gleefully stretching and snapping it every time I wash it. By the end of the year I was starting to wince every time I brushed it wet, as I could physically feel the strands stretching and then breaking. My ends were wispy and my whole head of hair was heavy and lifeless. It was getting greasy so much faster than normal and nothing I could do could make it nice and shiny. Adding new products into my routine made it worse and I was at a bit of a loss at how to improve the condition of my hair again.

Enter my wonderful mum, who bought me some Lush goodies for Christmas, including the Hair Doctor fresh hair mask.


Duh duh duh - I put it to the test on my woeful hair and, do you know what? IT WORKED.

I slapped some across my whole head, focusing mostly on the roots and ends and left it to work its magic while I relaxed in the bath. Twenty minutes later I washed and conditioned as usual and I knew straight away it had worked. Even when wet my hair felt clean, soft and tangle free. When I dried it, however, I almost did a little jig. Jigging over my hair looking nice? Yup, flying the flag for shallowness over here, my friends!

Simply put, Hair Doctor transformed my lacklustre, heavy hair into something bouncy and shiny. And, most of all, CLEAN. Like all of the crap had been stripped out and washed down the plughole. Goodbye ratty mess, hello swishy hair! It smells gorgeous too - pepperminty and fresh.


I love this product with a passion. I've got a hell of a lot of hair and I think the small pot I have will equate to about four masks. I'm going to do one a week so it works out a really reasonable price per month to keep my hair in lovely condition.

Another mammoth win for Lush!

Oh, and in case anyone was wondering - I got a Tangle Teezer for Christmas so my hair is now spared the horror of me dragging a brush through it when wet!

You can buy The Hair Doctor for £6.95 online here or in Lush stores.


3 comments:

  1. Diminish has experienced male pattern baldness from an young age. How ever he has defeat this with Hair Loss Treatment Delhi. Dwindle wishes to share his experiences and hair loss advice with you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh this sounds SO nice! It's so good when you discover a product that really works and does what it promises! <3

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh this sounds lovely! I've never actually tried any hair products from Lush but people always rave about them - think I might have to pick something up! What's the expiration date like on this?
    Summer Holly Day xx

    ReplyDelete