Thursday, 30 January 2014

Benefit Lollitint Launch Event!

This Monday I really needed a little pick me up to drown out the Monday blues and what better excuse than the Benefit Lollitint launch in Bristol?

I met up with my pal Holly from Summer Holly Day earlier in the day for a mooch around the shops and then we headed over to the launch, where we met up with some lovely other beauty bloggers (Claire from Desperate Blogwife, Emma from Faithfully Emma and Jayne from Miss Jayne Becca),  for an evening of Benefit chat!

The lovely girls from Benefit talked us through the two newest products, the Lollitint lip and cheek tint and the POREfessional: Agent Zero Shine face powder, and then gave us a little demo to show us how both products work. After that they tested the products out on us so we could see the results for ourselves!

Lollitint and Agent Zero Shine

Lollitint is Benefit's newest cheek and lip stain and it's a very different colour to anything they've released before; a bright pink that's perfect for the warmer months we (hopefully) have on the horizon! This is a product with major staying power, when they say it's a stain they mean it's a stain! The swatch from my hand is still lurking around, so this definitely won't fade after you apply it.

I have to admit I was a bit sceptical about the Agent Zero Shine powder, especially taking the price into consideration, but it really did minimise my pores so I was pleasantly surprised. It isn't something I'd personally pay that price for but it did impress me a lot more than I thought it would - maybe one for the birthday wishlist? Lollitint is a great multi-use product and I really liked the way it looks on my lips; I'm not usually a big fan of liquid lip tints so this was another nice surprise.

After testing out the products we gathered around the counter for a natter about Benefit and the products they offer - did you know Benetint was the first product the company sold, and it was developed to help a pole dancer in San Francisco who wanted something to make her nips appear darker? I'm not even lying, I swear.

It was so interesting to hear about the history behind Benefit and find out how long some of the products have been on the market; Dr Feelgood is one of the longest running products, as well as High Beam. I asked the girls what discontinued product they find people requesting a lot and the 10 box o'powder was the unanimous answer!

I had a really great evening getting to find out more about one of my favourite brands and also getting to meet some lovely local bloggers - I want to say a huge thank you to Benefit for putting on the event and being so welcoming and friendly!

The very lovely Benefit ladies!

No comments:

Post a Comment