Wednesday, 15 January 2014

Bare Minerals Marvellous Moxie Lipstick in Never Say Never


Bare Minerals is one of those brands that I've always passed by and I can't quite put my finger on why. I guess I've probably always thought of mineral make up as a bit lacklustre and, dare I say it, boring - but then this lipstick popped into my life and completely changed my mind! 


I've said it a gazillion times and I'll say it again - PLEASE Sephora, reopen in the UK! I bought their Give Me More Lip set while I was in America last year and it came with a whole host of different lip products from a range of different brands; like a chocolate variety box but so much more exciting. 
One of the lipsticks in the box was the Bare Minerals Marvellous Moxie Lipstick in Never Say Never. It was one of the full sized products and I was immediately drawn to the packaging, which is shiny and black and has a lovely heavy weight to it. It opens with a fancy silver snap that slides back into place to close the lipstick. It's all very swish and I'm pleased to report the contents inside are just as fancy as the packaging.
Never Say Never is a punchy, vibrant pink with a beautifully creamy finish. It's so moisturising on the lips I can wear this, even on my dry lips, without a lip balm or anything.
The colour is BRIGHT, a bit like a dialled down Candy Yum Yum with a moisturising finish. It stays put for ages and ages and, thankfully, wears evenly to avoid the whole 90s Pamela Anderson lip liner look after a few drinks. Once the colour fades you're left with pink stained lips so this is a surprisingly low-maintenance lipstick. Colours this bright usually make me nervous about the upkeep but this is an absolute dream to wear.
This has completely changed my mind about Bare Minerals and I cannot wait to add more of these lipsticks to my stash - I've got my eye on a couple of more neutral colours next!

1 comment:

  1. Love this review... I wish I should wear pink but I think I'm too ginger!

    Charlotte - www.blotandreapply.com xx

    ReplyDelete