Tuesday, 3 December 2013

What Would You Do with £100?

In a mad dash to de-clutter my house before the Christmas period I've spent the last couple of days listing auctions on eBay for clothes, shoes and bags that have been languishing at the back of my wardrobe (if anyone wants to check them out there are some bits from Monsoon, John Rocha, Jimmy Choo, Michael Kors and Steve Madden and you can have a look here).

A couple of things I put up with Buy It Now prices were snapped up almost as soon as I listed them (damn my underpricing!) and as soon as the money left my PayPal account and hit my bank account I found myself daydreaming about what I could spend the money on. It's not a big chunk of money but it could buy a few more Christmas pressies, a treat for myself or, sensibly, go towards bills etc.

So my question to you is what would you do if you were suddenly given £100? Put it towards paying off a credit card, stick it in the bank to be randomly spent on groceries and the like, bargain hunt to buy as many bits and pieces as possible or put it towards one luxury item?

I'm a classic one for quantity over quality but it's something I'm really trying to get out of. While the thought of paying £30 for a pressed powder makes my eyes water I am really starting to notice a difference in my skin now I've started to use better quality skincare and make up, so I'm now starting to lean more towards the luxury item choice. But the bargain hunter in me can't resist screaming that I could have a spree in Boots and come out with two loaded shopping bags, as opposed to a couple of YSL lippies and a Chanel foundation.


But what I've really got my eye on is candles. Yup, candles. Diptyque, to be precise. I've been lusting about these babies for a long, long time now but haven't quite been able to justify spending £40 on a candle, however incredible it may smell. But then Space NK released that set of 10 votives for £95 and I felt myself getting tempted. More than tempted. I've set aside some money to spend in the January sales and I'm determined to buy a few good quality things I'll really really love, rather than come away with bags and bags of bargains that I'll never actually use and only got tempted into because of a hefty price cut.

I think I'm about the spend £95 on candles. Oh my. All I can say is that the blighters better smell like sunshine dust and unicorns.

1 comment:

  1. A really good, stylish waterproof coat. I have my eye on a £65 trench at ASOS,hopefully it'll be in the sale. That or booking my A13 con tickets!

    ReplyDelete