Wednesday, 6 November 2013

On Losing My MAC Virginity

So, up until three weeks ago I didn't own any MAC products. I KNOW, RIGHT? I'd been to a couple of MAC counters before but, being totally honest, I'd always found the staff a little unfriendly and unhelpful and had always walked away without purchasing anything. I think with a brand like MAC it can be difficult to know where to start as they have such a huge product range.

However, I decided it was time to lose my MAC virginity in Florida. I'd checked the prices online and the savings were insane, so I knew it was the right place to pick up my first products. While an eyeshadow or lipstick retails for £15 in the UK you can pick them up for $15 in the US ($15.98 including sales tax), which worked out as £9 based on the exchange rate while I was away. A pretty awesome saving, I'm sure you'll agree.



I spent a bit of time online picking out a few eyeshadows and lipsticks I liked the look of, so I wouldn't get too overwhelmed by everything on offer instore. My wishlist grew and grew and I suddenly realised I already had a MAC problem before owning my first item. Oops.

The long and short of it is that I went MAC mad in Florida. Eyeshadows, lipsticks, a foundation, pressed powder, blush... You name it, it was in my basket. At one point I visited a MAC store and two counters in the space of two hours... Oh dear. In my defence I was searching for a specific lipstick (Speak Louder) which, for some reason, was sold out everywhere! Never fear, though, I managed to pick it up at the airport on the way home.



Ladies, I understand your love for MAC now, I really do. The shadows are super pigmented, gorgeously soft and have crazy staying powder. I've worn Naked Lunch pretty much every day since I bought it and I came home with a MAC wishlist twice as long as it was when I started.

I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship. MAC, I salute you.



1 comment:

  1. Had no idea you can make that much of a saving buying in US! It's all downhill from here ;) xx

    ReplyDelete