Monday, 4 November 2013

MAC Lipstick in Plumful

On Wednesday I'm blogging about losing my MAC virginity in a bit more detail but today I'm focusing on my very first MAC product - a lipstick in the shade Plumful. Funnily enough I didn't actually buy this one, on the day I headed out to buy my first MAC products my mum presented me with this one, which she'd bought herself and ended up not liking. Free MAC lipstick? Score.

I tend to stick to the same colours on my lips (something a little pinker than my own lip colour) so I've resolved to experiment a bit more and try out some other colours. For anybody else in this position, Plumful is the perfect choice.



A berry shade that isn't too dark, this is an absolutely idea Autumn/Winter colour. It looks great with my pale skin and I've been pairing it with oxblood eyeshadow and black liner for the past week or so. It's not often I'll go for the same look for so many days in a row so it's a real testament so how much I like this colour.

I'm also head over heels in love with the formula, which is so deliciously creamy it makes wearing this colour an absolute pleasure. The main reason I've avoided bolder colours on my lips is because of how dry they can get - flaky, chapped lips are not a good look so I've tended to stick to tinted balms to get my colour. Not any more! I'm not sure if it's because I'm paying more attention to exfolating my lips, or whether it's that I'm now going for a better quality product (or maybe it's a combination of both) but my lips have never been in better condition and are now a great canvas to try a whole host of different colours.



Give me another week and I'll be rocking Candy Yum Yum in the office. Maybe.

So, what do you think? Have you got Plumful in your make up drawers? What are your favourite lip colours for this season?

No comments:

Post a Comment