Monday, 11 November 2013

Butter London Nail Varnish in Royal Navy

I've been eyeing Butter nail varnishes for a long time now. All the swatches I see online are gorgeous and I kept hearing great things about the formula and staying power but I couldn't quite bring myself to drop £12.50 on a nail varnish when my £2.99 Barry M jobs do me fine.

However, I'm on a quest to start choosing quality over quantity so I took advantage of the exchange rate while I'm Florida and decided to pick up a Butter polish, bearing in mind the $15 price tag equals a big saving over the UK price.



I've read a few great posts about navy nails over the last few weeks so I thought I'd combine my two nail varnish wants and go for a Butter London varnish in navy.

After a quick look in Ulta I decided to go for Royal Navy, which is one of those delicious blues that is so dark is can appear almost black and it's exactly what I was looking for.



Everything I'd read about the formula was right - the polish goes on even and one coat provides excellent full coverage. I've had this on for three days so far and there's no sight of even the tiniest chip - and I am not delicate with my nails so I usually find varnish doesn't last more than 48 hours on me without chipping.

Now the only problem is that I'm a definite convert... My Butter London wishlist is pretty darn healthy, which means my bank balance definitely isn't going to be!

3 comments:

  1. That is gorgeous. I love super-dark navy shades too. By the way, you forgot to put in the link to posts about navy nails.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh, that navy shade is so so pretty! i can see it going with many a winter outfits. good luck to your wallet haha ;)

    xo marlen
    Messages on a Napkin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh it's a beautiful colour, I really love navy blue! Butter have such a wonderful selection of colours!

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete