Monday, 29 April 2013

Soap and Glory Glow All Out

I've long been a fan of Soap and Glory, of their skin care, bath treats and make up line. They're one of the only brands where I feel fully confident parting with my money, knowing that I'll love whatever product I'm buying. I don't think I've been let down by a single S&G product and Glow All Out is, happily, no exception.



I'd had my eye on this for the longest time; it was on my birthday wishlist, then my Christmas wishlist, then my January sales wishlist. The only thing putting me off was the price, which doesn't break the bank but at £11 I kept passing it up to spend my cash on other things. A few weeks ago I spotted this reduced to £8 in my local Boots and decided enough was enough, I had to stop dilly dallying and finally buy it.

Man, am I glad I did.

I'll start with the packaging. It's the standard Soap and Glory fun, vibrant design and the name (Glow All Out) contains a good enough play on words to keep me happy. I was a little surprised to find the packaging made of a cardboardy type material and this the only real criticism I have about the product. I should point out that my worries might be completely unjustified, as I haven't taken this out and about with me to see how the packaging stands up. It does feel sturdy and shows no wear and tear after being chucked about in my make up drawers but I have hideous fears of it coming open in my make up bag and covering everything in a layer (albeit a pretty, shimmery layer) of wasted product.



The product itself is described by Soap and Glory as follows:

'Use it to lift up your cheekbones or dust lightly all over for a 'moonlit' look. Featuring LIGHTSCRAMBLE™ lumisphere pigment pearls, an ultra-fine creamy powder shimmer finish and extended wear silicone technology.'

It looks gorgeous in the pan; a soft light gold shimmer that I was genuinely excited to try out as soon as I saw it. It was a little cooler than the pictures I've seen online but that suits me perfectly, as I wanted to use it on my whole face to give my skin a glow, rather than to warm up my complexion.




This could be used alone on the cheeks or over a blusher to give it a little bit of oomph but I dust it across my face, focusing it mostly on my cheekbones and down my nose. It gives a really lovely glow that catches the light and is noticeable but is subtle enough that you don't need to worry about going out looking like Ke$ha. Which, by the way, I never actually think is a bad thing (go go glitter wenches).

Glow All Out has really helped brighten up my face (and my mood!) on these dreary April days and I know I'll carry on using this one as the weather warms up (if the weather warms up...) to help me pretend like I actually have something other than a pasty, pasty face.

Soap and Glory, congratulations, it's another winner.


No comments:

Post a Comment