Tuesday, 9 April 2013

Guerlain Météorites Perles in Teint Rose

Ever since I first spotted the Guerlain Météorites Perles on a jaunt through Feel Unique I've lusted after them. I popped them onto my Florida wishlist, deciding to splurge on them with some holiday cash. However, I was lucky enough to receive them as an Easter gift (who needs chocolate when you can have cosmetics, right? Completely forgetting about the spirit of Easter, I know, but who am I to fight it?) and promptly spent the rest of the bank holiday with a dopey grin on my face.



It's not often that I go for high end products, simply because I can't afford them, so this is a real luxury for me that I absolutely adore. Everything from the packaging to the scent (hello Parma Violets) and the product itself is rich and extravagant and luxe. I'm in love.



So, what do Guerlain have to say?

'A revolutionary concept: a constellation of multi coloured powders that recreates pure natural radiance. Meteorites pearls are harmonies of 6 coloured pearls to correct and unify the complexion: 2 pastel shades to correct skin tone, 2 unifying shades to even out complexion. 2 translucent light enhancing shades to capture and reflect light to sculpt the face. Your skin glows with new found softness and radiance.'


I have shade 01, Teint Rose, which is perfect for my paler skin tone. These little gems of awesomeness are also available in two darker shades, Teint Beige and Teint Dore.




The six different colours blend together to help even out my skin tone, neutralise my rosy cheeks and give my skin a lift with the light enhancing shades. When I first tried these out I couldn't really notice too much of a difference but after snapping some photos and comparing my face with and without this product I can really see that it gives a lovely, subtle glow that completely boosts my complexion. Lovely, lovely stuff.


As you can see from the photo above, the effect isn't too brash and I love how natural it looks, perfect for days when you don't want something too heavy on your face. A quick sweep of these across my cheekbones is just what I need when I want a little pick me up without applying a whole face full of make up. I've also focused my brush on the illuminising colours and used them as a highlighter on my cheekbones and nose, which works quite nicely.


This is my first Guerlain product and I'm very impressed that the buzz surrounding their make up isn't just hype. The price tag is a hefty £35.50 (from House of Fraser) so this is a treat rather than an everyday purchase (for me, at least!) but I'll absolutely be looking to add the other shades to my make up bag in the future.

1 comment:

  1. This looks really nice and I love the packaging :)

    Nyss x

    missnyssbeautymagpie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete