Monday, 18 March 2013

Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine Nail Paint: Full Collection and Swatches

So it's no secret that I'm a bit of a nail varnish nut and I particularly love Barry M Nail Paints. They're fantastic value, long-lasting and come in a ridiculous array of colours...so there's always an excuse to pick up a couple while I'm out shopping.


When the Gelly Hi-Shine polishes were released last year I picked up a few and instantly fell in love. The colours are gorgeous vibrant and dry quickly to a super shiny finish that usually doesn't need a second coat or a top coat. I do usually apply a top coat to ensure the polishes last a few days without chipping (I am *not* delicate with my manicures!) but it's certainly not needed for extra shine.

I've gradually been picking up the odd polish here and there and it was only after I bought the last polish from the Spring collection that I realised I had the full set, so I thought I'd do a bumper post and feature a swatch from every colour available, in case any of you were looking to buy any new shades.



So, onto the swatches:


First up we have Lychee, Dragon Fruit and Greenberry. These are all shades from the Spring collection and every single one is a winner. Lychee is an excellent nude shade and I'm not usually a huge nude fan but this looks great for day to day wear. Dragon Fruit and Greenberry and both absolutely gorgeous and make me long for summer as I know they'll look awesome when I'm a bit more tanned.


*


Next up is Papaya, Satsuma, Grapefruit, Pomegranate and Blood Orange. Papaya is the last shade from the Spring collection and all of the others are from the original release. Quite a mixed bag here but I think Grapefruit and Pomegranate are my favourites. Papaya is pretty but I wish it had a bit more oomph and Blood Orange is lovely but it's not a shade I wear too often as it is quite intense.


*


And finally, the purples, blues and greens. From L-R in the top picture: Prickly Pear, Blueberry, Watermelon, Blackberry and Plum. Watermelon, Blackberry and Plum all look awesome for nights out and always manage to withstand eight hours of me clunking around with a cocktail glass and dancing/doing shots/falling over/Gangnam Styling, so they definitely pass the test.


*

So that's the full colour range for now, folks. Which shades are you favourites? Are there any others that you want to pick up after payday?

3 comments:

  1. Damnit! I knew I should have picked up Plum and Dragon Fruit while I was in town today. Jealous you have the whole collection, they're such pretty colours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really pretty colours! Haven't picked up any of this range yet :s xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're so lucky to have them all! Papaya will be a hot colour for Summer!
    Vicki x
    A Life of Geekery

    ReplyDelete