Monday, 18 February 2013

Weekly Round Up (2)


Last week felt a bit...bitty, if that makes sense. Nothing major happened and it was a bit of a quiet one but my boyfriend was away for most of the week so I had our place to myself, which was the perfect excuse to lounge around watching lots of Family Guy and generally being unproductive. It was fun, though!


Purchases of the week: My spending ban is going swimmingly! So far I've only bought one DVD (The Perks of Being a Wallflower) and five nail polishes from the Barry M Spring collection (which I had pre-decided to allow myself) so I'm pleased with myself. I'm still waiting for my Barry M stuff to arrive but I'll be blogging about it as soon as it does, as I cannot wait to try out the different polishes!



TV shows of the week: It's actually the same as in my last weekly round up but Girls is killing it at the moment. This week's episode absolutely slayed me and I spent a good ten minutes afterwards weeping, alone, on my sofa. Tragic, isn't it? The Patrick Wilson storyline was beautiful and perfectly-executed and Lena Dunham can do absolutely no wrong, in my eyes. I think she's a bit of a genius.

Film of the week: So I finally watched The Perks of Being a Wallflower this week. Perks is my favourite YA book of all time, I don't want to sound too melodramatic but it actually changed me a little bit so obviously I was excited to see the film. I was also a bit hesitant, if I'm honest, because I hold the book so dear I didn't want to see it ruined. Though, with Chbosky directing it what could go wrong? Answer: NOTHING. It's perfect. And I'm not even joking when I say I fancy every male cast member. Logan Lerman (yes, he's only twenty one; I CARE NOT), Ezra Miller, Paul Rudd AND Dylan McDermott in one film? Jeez Louise, gird your loins, ladies.



Highlight of the week: I had a great writing week this week. I managed to write just over 5000 words over the weekend and I nailed a scene that's been bugging me for ages so I'm very chuffed with that! I also took part in #frinightwrites for the first time and had a blast - if any writers are reading this I definitely recommend it, so look out for it on Twitter next Friday night.



Meals out: None! As part of my spending ban I'm trying to save money in all areas, which includes no unnecessary meals out. I am planning on having a cheeky takeaway with my boyfriend tonight, though, but I'm going to keep everything in moderation in a bid to be kind of, sort of well behaved. Maybe. Until I browse the Just-Eet website, lose all control and order ALL the Chinese. EGG FRIED RICE, GET IN MY MOUTH.

Workouts/Weight loss: All right, I'm going to be honest. I did not a stitch of exercise this week. Nada. It's bad, I know. But I was on good behaviour with my eating and lost 2lbs. Slow and steady, folks, slow and steady...

AGE IS JUST A NUMBER, PEOPLE!

So, what did you all get up to this week? Do you share my Logan Lerman/Ezra Miller/Paul Rudd/Dylan McDermott/EVERY MALE SPECIMEN crush or am I just a big ole horndog? Let me know!

1 comment:

  1. Hi hun,

    really enjoyed reading this post as its soo different. i totally agree with you about trying to save money.. i get sooo tempted! especially reading all these blogs! x

    ReplyDelete