Sunday, 17 February 2013

My Sleek Palettes

I'm a big fan of Sleek make up and I'm always picking up bits and pieces when I can. None of my nearby Superdrugs stock very much of it, though, which is a pain. The Face Contour Kit is one of my favourite make up items ever and I've been in love with the Electro Peach Pout Polish since I picked it up last year. However, my favourite items from their line have to be the i-Divine eyeshadow palettes, which all have insane pigmentation and are such great quality, when you consider the minimal price tag of £7.99.

I only have four at the moment but as I'm an eyeshadow fiend I'm desperate to expand my collection with Au Naturel, Bad Girl and Oh So Special over the next couple of months. Anyway, the other day I collected my palettes together and decided to swatch and photograph them all so I can just look through my photos to see what each shadow looks like on my skin tone, rather than scramble through my drawers to open them all up to find the right one.

So, without further ado, here are swatches of my four Sleek palettes, starting with Paraguaya from the Avoir la Peche collection:



This is such a lovely palette and so different to the colours I usually go for. I often go for a smoky eye and never really use peach tones, even though I've discovered they really warm up my skin tone since I started using this palette.

The swatches (artificial light on the top, natural light on the bottom):


*


There can't be many make up lovers out there who don't own the Storm palette, can there? This was the first thing I ever bought from Sleek and, as you can see, it's very well loved! I use the dark, shimmery shades *all* the time and this is one of the first palettes I reach for when I'm doing my make up for a night out.

The swatches (natural light on the left, artificial light on the right):


*


The Ultra Mattes V1 is definitely a step outside of my comfort zone and I have to admit I haven't actually used any of these colours in a look yet. But one of my NY Resolutions is to change up my daily make up so I'm hoping to sport some of these bright colours in the summer months. Bright orange eye, anyone? Anyone?!

The swatches (artificial light on the top, natural light on the bottom):


*


My nan bought me this palette for Christmas and I've said it a million times but I'll say it again - she has amazing taste! I'd been lusting after this one for ages and now I own it I can say for sure that it's one of the most gorgeous palettes Sleek have brought up. The deep purple and racing green shades at the bottom right are absolutely beautiful and I know I'm going to hit pan on this one far too quickly. This palette has such a versatile range of shades that it's definitely one I'd pack for a holiday or a weekend away, as there are so many different looks available from the colour range.

The swatches (artificial light on the top, natural light at the bottom):


*

If you've been deliberating about whether or not to pick up a Sleek palette I hope this has helped you out. I genuinely can't recommend them enough - as I said before, the colour pay off is fantastic and the shadows have a gorgeous creamy consistency that makes them feel as though they should have a much heftier price tag than £7.99!

Which palettes do you think are missing from my collection? My spending ban is over in a mere eleven days, so I need some inspiration for a little payday spend up!

6 comments:

  1. Storm looks absolutely amazing xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is - it's my favourite one!x

      Delete
  2. I don't own any Sleek palettes *hangs head in shame*. Neither of my local Superdrug stores stock them, but I have been eyeing the Oh So Special and Supreme palettes after seeing swatches online.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh I have Storm tucked away somewhere, deff need to use it more! It's got such pretty colours in it I love the dark berry shade in the top right. Amazing swatches. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooo I love the 'storm' one, my kinda colours.
    I found you through the #bbloggers twitter chat

    Lazy2lovely.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't even know these existed but I don't go into Superdrug that much. I think I need one... or I know I do. You know what I'm like about eyeshadows

    ReplyDelete