Friday, 1 February 2013

February Spending Ban (-ish)

One of my New Year's Resolutions is to carry on being careful with my money. As I said back then, I have a part time office job and work as a freelance copywriter, so my office salary is the only fixed income I have and, being part time, I do have to be careful with it! I am pretty good with my money but, like most people, I did get a bit carried away in the January sales so I only just broke even with my finances in Jan - not ideal as I like to save where possible!

So, to remedy this I'm going to cut down on my spending in February, partly to get my finances back in order and partly because I really, really don't need to buy any more make up or beauty products for a long old time, especially not after my ridiculous sales spend up.

I'm not being super harsh with myself so I'm allowing myself the following:

- Free rein with the Barry M spring collection - I know I'm going to buy these anyway so if I don't give myself this free pass I'll just cheat and get them the day they come out; might as well embrace it! Plus, these will be bought with money that I've had refunded from sale purchases that didn't work out... So it kiiind of doesn't count. Or, at least, that's my logic and I'm sticking to it.

- Anything that runs out that needs to be replaced can be purchased - Really the only potential things here are foundation and a nail varnish top coat, as I have more than one of everything else.

- Although, speaking of foundation, my only other pre-approved purchase is a MAC foundation - as I've arranged to go and get my foundation matched this month with a friend.

- Shampoo/conditioner etc can be purchased but I need to look for a bargain.

So, in short, MAC foundation, Barry M spring collection and that is it, then if I'm good I'll be able to pick up some goodies at the meet up I'm going to at the end of the month - which I'm majorly excited for, by the way! It's not a major spending ban like I know some of you are doing (and you are doing AMAZINGLY by the way, I do NOT have the will power) but it should cut down on any impulse buys and make my bank balance a little healthier!

No comments:

Post a Comment