Sunday, 20 January 2013

Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butters


I don't feel like there's much I can say about these wonderful little lip butters that hasn't already been said but I'm so impressed with them; they're definitely one of the best lip products I've ever used and I know they'll be a staple in my make up bag for a very long time to come. I've gone and bit crazy buying them but each of the shades I've bought is absolutely gorgeous and, of the six I currently have, not one is a dud.

The formula is more moist and creamy than a traditional lipstick, so they act as a balm and a lipstick all in one - I don't find them at all drying, which is great news as I do often suffer from dry lips, especially in the winter. The colour pay off is brilliant, with each shade delivering high pigmentation and the collection is made up of a huge range of colours, from pale nudes to deep reds. I'm not a big fan of nudes (I don't think nude lipstick is the great way to go for full lips - or not for mine, at least) so I haven't tried any of those out but the richer colours look absolutely gorgeous.

The shades that I'll be reviewing today are Candy Apple, Berry Smoothie, Peach Parfait, Lollipop, Raspberry Pie and Sweet Tart. Before I start I wanted to show you a picture of my lips without any product on, for comparison with the swatches of each lip butter.


And so, onto the shades:


Candy Apple is a beautiful coral red that I'm completely in love with. I'm quite pale so dark reds can sometimes look a little too much on me, so this is the perfect shade. It's a great way to wear red without it looking too overpowering and I think it's a great colour to start with if you're a little nervous to go for a full on vixen red.


Berry Smoothie is a lovely neutral pink that I've been wearing to work for the last couple of weeks. It looks so subtle on the lips and I can't get enough of it. It has a subtle shimmer to it and goes with any sort of make up look, whether it's a neutral or a smokey eye.


Peach Parfait is a similar shade to Berry Smoothie but slightly more pale and with a little more shimmer. I feel like it's a bit more of an evening shade than Berry Smoothie, simply because of the shimmer.


Lollipop is a great deep pink shade; it is quite a vibrant fuchsia so I think it looks better with a more neutral eye but it's definitely one to wear if you want to stand out!


Raspberry Pie is a probably the most pigmented of all the shades I own and with one sweep across my lips the colour is absolutely saturated, which I love. It's a little darker than Lollipop and the berry tones make it look a little less in your face.


Sweet Tart is the perfect peachy pink for anybody who isn't a fan of shimmer. My lighting makes this one look quite shimmery but, as you can see from the photo of the lipstick itself, there isn't a fleck of shimmer in sight! Sweet Tart does look quite bright in the tube but it's much more muted on the lips, though it does deliver a lovely dash of pink.


The Lip Butters usually cost £7.99 but are currently available for £5 from Boots.

Have you guys tried any of the Revlon Lip Butters yet? I'm sure that's a silly question as everybody seems to be loving them! Which are your favourite shades? Are there any I don't have that you particularly recommend?

7 comments:

  1. THIS POST IS AMAZING! They all look so gorgeous!! I'm jealous with the amount you have!
    Just followed you, found you on a blog hop! Can't wait to read more! :)
    HannahMarieBeauty.blogspot.co.uk
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want strawberry shortcake :) great post and swatches!
    beautyandthebudgetsblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow they all look amazing! I only own one on Lollypop :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard so much about lip butters and after reading your post I'll really need to try them out!

    xo, Vita
    http://pixievita.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've wanted Candy Apple and Sweet Berry for ages! thinking of picking them up now that they're only £5. Found your blog during the #bbloggers chat! xx

    Angelica [One Little Vice]

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was eyeing up raspberry pie the other day and put it back but now i've seen this swatch it has made up my mind and i want it haha x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah im loving these shades..had my eyes on these for a while and still havent bagged one!! Great post! New follower from the #bbloggers blog hop
    http://toxylicious.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete