Monday, 28 January 2013

H&M Smoky Purple Eyeshadow Palette


I don’t tend to think of H&M and beauty products going hand in hand but in the post-Christmas sales I picked up an eyeshadow palette that was reduced to £2.50. It’s the first palette I’ve bought from H&M and I’m really, really pleasantly surprised with the formula and pigmentation of the shadows.

Five colours make up the Smoky Purple palette and they’re all of a generous size, in a plastic rectangular palette that does away with foam applicators in favour of more product, which is always fine by me.



The colours range from pink to black and feature different amounts of shimmer, though the black is almost matte. The formula of the shadows is really soft and feels almost creamy, though they are powders. One of the drawbacks is that there is a little bit of fallout because they’re so soft but to combat this I apply them using a slightly damp brush.

Some of the shades are more pigmented than others but they’re all buildable. The pink, purple and black and all very pigmented and I find the pink makes a lovely highlight for the browbone, or an all-over base for an evening look. The two other colours are shimmery taupes, one quite light and one more of a darker grey/brown; the darker grey looks gorgeous in the crease, on top of the lighter shade.



The five colours together are all you need to create a subtle day time look or a smoky night time eye and the size of the palette means it’s great to take away on holiday or for a weekend. While the pigmentation isn’t amazing and there is quite a lot of fallout, this is a nice little palette and I’ve really enjoyed using it over the last couple of weeks. I’m really glad I picked this one up and I’ll be keeping an eye out for other H&M palettes in the future.

2 comments:

  1. I've never really looked at the make up in H&M before. For the price it sounds pretty good
    Daniella x

    http://daniella-r.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never looked at their make up either. I always assumed it would be not so great quality but I am tempted to try out some of their makeup now!

    Beauty Fiends Blog

    ReplyDelete