Tuesday, 4 December 2012

DIY Inspiration: Studs

I love studs. I love studs, I love rivets, I love spikes. I also love DIY projects so studding everything I own is pretty much a dream project for me. You can pick up studs and rivets for next to nothing on eBay, which makes is an extremely cheap way to transform an item of clothing or a bag that is looking a little sad and lacklustre.

If you feel like trying studding for yourself there are a tonne of tutorials out there on various DIY blogs (Studs and Pearls and Honestly WTF are the two best out there, in my opinion) but, to get you started, here are a few current season items that might inspire you to give a bit of DIY a go:


                          1. Black vest   2. White vest   3. Black clutch   4. Mole boots   5. Burgundy jumper   6. Cream shirt   7. Pleather skirt

Or, you know, if busting your fingers studding the hell out of a jumper doesn't take your fancy you could just pick up one of the ready-made beauties above!

Are any of you folks fans of DIY fashion? What are you favourite kinds of projects to try out?

4 comments:

  1. Wow I love this. Amazing what a difference studs can make to a simple top

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I keep meaning to try it out on vest tops like in 1 and 2 but I'm *pretty* sure mine won't look that good...x

      Delete
  2. I LOVE STUDS. they are seriously so cool. LOVE 4, 5, and 6. ahhh. and omg, I LOVE Honestly WTF! their DIY bracelets are AH-MAZING and I want to make EVERYTHING but I can't afford to buy the stuff, haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh Honesty WTF is SO good. I love ALL of the bracelets too! I tend to pick up craft supplies on eBay, if you're patient enough you can buy things SUPER cheap from China and Hong Kong...like packs of studs for 99p with free delivery so it's worth a look. We NEED to have a blogger crafternoon at some point!x

      Delete