Monday, 31 December 2012

2013 Beauty, Health and Life Resolutions


It's that time of year again. Time to put away the Christmas decorations and make some plans for the year ahead. I love starting a new year. It's a blank slate. Clean and fresh. It's the perfect time to wave goodbye to past mistakes and take on the year with a whole new approach.

Who knows what the year ahead holds for any of us. By this time next year any one of us could be married, have a new job, a new house, realised our greatest dreams. We have no idea. And that's what I love about this period between Christmas and the beginning of the next year.

2012 was a funny year for me. It feels like it's been a stop gap, I haven't really achieved anything major but I've made a few personal changes and made some decisions that might not be obvious to those around me but definitely make me a more contented person.

I've been thinking about my resolutions for the year ahead and, while some are big projects/changes, many are little adjustments that I've been wanting to make for a while. Rather than just resolving to do new things or stop bad habits I've also put in a few aims to just carry on doing something that I'm already doing well. Like managing my money properly, for example.

So, here is the full list (minus the reading/writing goals, which you can find on my other blog tomorrow if you're so inclined):

Beauty:

  • Experiment more with eye and lip colours (I'm terrible for sticking to the same look all. the. time.)
  • Carry on with my current skincare routine
  • Drink more water (as always)
  • Realise that skincare involves my whole body and not just my face
This has nothing to do with any resolutions. I'm just excited I saw the gold postbox!
Money:


  • Carry on being careful with money (as I work part time I don't have the biggest income in the world so, while my job is fairly well paid, I do have to be careful!)
  • Buy little and often rather than a huge splurge
  • Sell more things on eBay (I have over 100 items of clothing set aside to go on eBay so now I just need to actually list them)
  • Get my tax return done and dusted early (I do freelance copywriting from time to time so this year I have to do my own taxes - it's a little bit nerve wracking so I want to make sure I get it done as soon as possible!)

Diet and fitness:

  • Exercise more regularly - hit the gym at least three times per week (I want to keep my workouts varied and fun to stop myself getting bored. I also want to start doing daily yoga at home again)
  • Get into a healthy eating plan that I enjoy (and nail portion control!)
  • Treat myself for every health and fitness goal I meet (something small and not food related)
  • Be the dress size I want to be by my next birthday (I'm giving myself a year to get into the exact shape I want to be in. I definitely have a long way to go but I feel ready to really put the effort in... fingers crossed!)
No more of this!
Misc.:


  • See more of my local area (I live in such a lovely part of the world but I definitely don't explore it enough. I have a whole list of little towns and villages near me that I want to visit throughout the year)
  • Give myself more 'me' time and time away from the Internet
  • Slow down, stop putting pressure on myself and enjoy life a bit more (throughout 2012 I had so many projects on the go, it was the busiest year of my life and I feel as though I didn't enjoy myself so I want 2013 to be more relaxed and a lot more fun)
So there you have it, my resolutions for 2013. What's on your list?


Happy New Year, everybody!

6 comments:

  1. So many resolutions but all fab ones! I'm with you on the experimenting with lips eyes...I need to be more bold, I think!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very good list and i can certainly relate to some, especially spending a bit more quality time with the Mr im always on the laptop whilst he watches man v food haha. I also would like to get my body a bit more in shape although i'm happy with the way i look, im still carrying a bit of pregnancy weight on my bottom so i'd like to tone it up haha. I would like to add the more me time part but it's kinda hard being a mummy and i certainly want to be a bit more relaxed about things xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year and good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO, how are you doing with your resolutions hon? I didn't make any real resolutions but I always think as it's the New Year I will exercise more, doesn't usually happen though. I also thought I should start a blog, which I did last Sumday!! xx

    Do you want to follow each other? x

    http://british-bargains-and-beauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good resolutions there Carly! I never make any because I know full well I won't stick to them! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rеmaгkable isѕues heге.
    I'm very happy to peer your post. Thank you a lot and I'm taking a loоk
    fогwarԁ to touch you. Will you kіndly ԁrop me
    а mail?

    Alsο ѵіsіt my sіte - keyword

    ReplyDelete