It's that time of year again. Time to put away the Christmas decorations and make some plans for the year ahead. I love starting a new year. It's a blank slate. Clean and fresh. It's the perfect time to wave goodbye to past mistakes and take on the year with a whole new approach.
Who knows what the year ahead holds for any of us. By this time next year any one of us could be married, have a new job, a new house, realised our greatest dreams. We have no idea. And that's what I love about this period between Christmas and the beginning of the next year.
2012 was a funny year for me. It feels like it's been a stop gap, I haven't really achieved anything major but I've made a few personal changes and made some decisions that might not be obvious to those around me but definitely make me a more contented person.
I've been thinking about my resolutions for the year ahead and, while some are big projects/changes, many are little adjustments that I've been wanting to make for a while. Rather than just resolving to do new things or stop bad habits I've also put in a few aims to just carry on doing something that I'm already doing well. Like managing my money properly, for example.
So, here is the full list (minus the reading/writing goals, which you can find on my other blog tomorrow if you're so inclined):
- Experiment more with eye and lip colours (I'm terrible for sticking to the same look all. the. time.)
- Carry on with my current skincare routine
- Drink more water (as always)
- Realise that skincare involves my whole body and not just my face
|This has nothing to do with any resolutions. I'm just excited I saw the gold postbox!|
- Carry on being careful with money (as I work part time I don't have the biggest income in the world so, while my job is fairly well paid, I do have to be careful!)
- Buy little and often rather than a huge splurge
- Sell more things on eBay (I have over 100 items of clothing set aside to go on eBay so now I just need to actually list them)
- Get my tax return done and dusted early (I do freelance copywriting from time to time so this year I have to do my own taxes - it's a little bit nerve wracking so I want to make sure I get it done as soon as possible!)
Diet and fitness:
- Exercise more regularly - hit the gym at least three times per week (I want to keep my workouts varied and fun to stop myself getting bored. I also want to start doing daily yoga at home again)
- Get into a healthy eating plan that I enjoy (and nail portion control!)
- Treat myself for every health and fitness goal I meet (something small and not food related)
- Be the dress size I want to be by my next birthday (I'm giving myself a year to get into the exact shape I want to be in. I definitely have a long way to go but I feel ready to really put the effort in... fingers crossed!)
|No more of this!|
- See more of my local area (I live in such a lovely part of the world but I definitely don't explore it enough. I have a whole list of little towns and villages near me that I want to visit throughout the year)
- Give myself more 'me' time and time away from the Internet
- Slow down, stop putting pressure on myself and enjoy life a bit more (throughout 2012 I had so many projects on the go, it was the busiest year of my life and I feel as though I didn't enjoy myself so I want 2013 to be more relaxed and a lot more fun)
So there you have it, my resolutions for 2013. What's on your list?
|Happy New Year, everybody!|